- Our Commitment To Privacy
- Your privacy is important to the LAFC Foundation. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your personal information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we make it available on our homepage and at every point where personally identifiable information may be requested. Please read this policy carefully and feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding its contents.
- Our Commitment To Children's Privacy:
- We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event we learn that we collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible.
- The Personal Information We Collect:
- This notice applies to all information collected or submitted on the LAFC Foundation website. Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the types of personal information collected may include, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, telephone number, organization name, e-mail address, credit/debit card, bank information or billing information. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out an online survey or registration form. In no case does the LAFC Foundation share telephone numbers or e-mail addresses or permit other organizations to solicit our donors through either of these mediums.
- How We Use Collected Information:
- We may also use your information in other ways, such as to contact you about upcoming activities and/or fundraising campaigns or as otherwise disclosed to you at the point of collection. For example, if you join our main email list, we will have a record of your email address and all other information you choose to provide. We will send you an eNews and also may contact you with action alerts, fundraising campaigns and other activities. If you make a donation to the LAFC Foundation, your information will be added to our donor list and database, and you may be contacted about other activities, news, action alerts, fundraising campaigns or sweepstakes.
Personal information will be shared internally at the LAFC Foundation to complete your donations or purchasing transactions. The data collected may be shared with third parties on an aggregated basis. Except in the limited circumstances outlined below, we will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- LAFC Foundation reserves the right to share your personal information in certain circumstances:
- Credit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers, Payments by Check or Money Order and Online Transactions.
LAFC may hire third parties to provide credit card, bank, payment and information processing services and order fulfillment services. If you choose to make a donation online, by phone (landline or mobile), through the mail or by other means, we will share your personal information with our processing service providers. We make an effort to require all third party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. While we believe these other companies are upstanding and will treat your personal information responsibly, we do not own or control them and cannot guarantee your privacy.
We reserve the right to disclose personally identifiable information as may be required by law; to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process; if we have reason to believe that there has been some inappropriate interference with or use of our website, communications, charitable services or personal or real property determine that such disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights or property, or to protect the legal rights or property of others; to prevent harm to any person; or in connection with an actual or proposed merger or other transaction or proceeding involving a transfer of all or part of the programs or assets to which the information pertains.
- We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by sending an email to us at email@example.com with your complete name, address and email address.
- We will receive any other information you choose to provide. For example, we may manage blogs/discussion boards or allow you to post stories or photos from time to time. By submitting such information to us, you give us permission to post it in the designated area on our website, edit it, or remove it if we deem that the content is not appropriate, outdated, etc. To protect your privacy, please do not include any identifying information when submitting blog entries or stories. By visiting the website you agree that information you submit to the website shall not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. You are solely responsible for the content of any information you provide to the LAFC Foundation.
- Our Commitment To Information Security
- To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. LAFC Foundation allows only designated employees to have access to hard copies of your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server — all information entered on the transaction page is encrypted using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) before transmission. On secure pages, a "closed" lock symbol is displayed at the top of the browser screen and the website address in the address bar starts with "https" instead of an "http".
- LAFC Foundation collects anonymous, non-personal information about your use of our website through the use of "cookies," which are small computer files that we transfer to your computer's hard drive. Cookies allow us to know how often someone visits our website and the activities they conduct while on our website (such as the pages visited). The information collected by cookies helps us generate content responsive to your interests and also allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our website and for what purpose. You can manually delete all cookies within your browser privacy. In addition, LAFC may use "pixels," or transparent GIF files, to help manage online advertising but do not collect identifying information.
- Website Links
- How To Contact Us About Your Privacy Preferences
- LAFC Foundation reserves the right to change its privacy practices to address changing technology, security measures and website functionality at any time by posting such changes here. We strive to provide you with timely notice of these changes. Please contact us if you have any questions about changes to our practices.
If you would like to change your privacy preferences, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. — 5:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time at 626-685-9503. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.